The first care package!

Title - Something out of the blue to let you know, I love you!
Themed colour - Blue.

Date of posting - Wednesday, 15th of June, 2016.
Date of arrival - Sunday, 26th of June, 2016.

Today was a very exciting day for me as I was able to send off my first care package to my gorgeous partner! While creating this care package I felt uneasy as I was unsure whether he would use the items that I sent or whether the items would go to waste. As there is a first time for everything, I decided to go with my gut instinct along with the help from the following blogs/websites:

When purchasing food items I had to considered what would be appropriate for the journey i.e. whether a bumpy ride would ruin it and question if it would melt in a car because realistically it's going to be very hot on it's journey and when it arrives. Ideally, foods are going to be difficult items to send over especially as it is summer in Iraq, whereas it's winter in Australia. If the item is likely to melt in a car then I decided I wouldn't send it to him. This was because I didn't want them to melt and ruin the other items in the care package.

Considering whether to send toiletries I decided to send just the basics as I've read that most stuff is available for them to purchase at the local store that apparently contains almost every essential you need to use in the bathroom. I know that my man likes certain brands that are Australian so I decided to send only a few items and if he wants other items then I'll send them at his request.


Image (above) - The box design


Image (above) - Desired set out of care package



Image (above) - Reality of how the care package is packed before sending


Items in this care package included:
  • Mini M&Ms
  • Oreo cookie box - Strawberry flavour
  • Australian Flag (paper)
  • Pringles grab & go - Salt and vinegar flavour
  • Niva sensitive shaving cream (in a tube)
  • Hand written letters x2
  • Niva chap stick with SPF 15
  • Mentos - Mint flavour
  • Powerade Mountain blast powder
  • Moisturising facial cleansing wipes
  • Extra chewing gum - Peppermint flavour x 2
  • Maxx trunk underwear
  • Lined notebook
  • Ball point pen (with 4 colours)
  • Pocket pack of tissues
  • Protein FX Lo carb choc-coated protein bar x2
  • Chupa Chups lollipops (Cola and lemonade flavour) x2 
Image (above) - Items in the care package

To All Australian family, friends and other individuals who are sending care packages to loved ones please know that ANY type of item being sent letter or box has FREE shipping as long as it is 2 kgs or under is weight! This was my first package I sent and was caught out... I decided to pay for it as it was a once off. It cost $16.30 to send my package which weight 2.47 kgs. So I hope this is helpful!

I'll be sure to include a review about whether my partner enjoyed the items that I sent in this care package and whether he has asked for any items to be sent in my next post! Until then thank you for reading.

Madeline - 15/06/2016



Comments

  1. Great things to include. Hopefully R gets it in one piece!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment